PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2012, 21:22
OldManJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh you do make me chuckle HugeWideandUgly. You come on here and spout crap about the need for CAT III ILS. Take a look at the CAA documentation for CAT III and see exactly whats needs. That's a bloody big investment for a few flights a year. I take it you don't run your own business or work in an accounts dept. The spouting is what you see from shop floor workers who don't have a clue about business management.

As for the Cobham Falcons, they fly when they are tasked by the RAF. They don't go out and fly for fun, they fly on missions to support the RAF and they are at their beck and call. If the RAF are not training, the Falcons are not flying!

Improving the runway decontamination when we have ice and snow could be improved. Hopefully we may see an improvement this winter now that Peel are serious about DTVA. Very different from the days of Peel and Vancouver.

I see there is a Friends get together on Wednesday. Might just pop along and see what it's all about. Maybe a few on here could channel their energies into helping the Friends Group. If some give as much effort as they do on here then the Airshow would be one of the best. Maybe we could have some balloons as there's plenty of hot air available to keep them afloat for a very long time.

Last edited by OldManJoe; 16th Dec 2012 at 21:23.