PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lion air P2F terms to change 2013
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2012, 19:01
DJRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cirrus, i don't know if you were in the aviation business back in 2000 - 2005, i flew with a lot of 200h right seated pilots in 180 pax jetliner. And believe me, a big percentage of them were great pilots, great workers and above all, great persons!

Back in that time pilots with 200h and 21 years old were finishing the CPL and already doing interviews for big national companies.
Now things are not so great for wannabes, but that's life, always was and always will be.

Some of PPRuners just cant respect who is doing what they cant or didn't had the opportunity to do.
"Paying to have an easy start it is not correct" I totally agree with that!
I also didn't paid for one, there was nothing on that time to pay for, there was no self sponsored TR or Line Training's, now they exist, maybe the price for becoming a pilot might be increasing.

Aviation is money, money is aviation. That's the reality, CPL may cost you 60k, a lot of people had the dream to become a pilot and they cant because they don't own the money. It's sad. But i believe you don't see these people facing pilots calling them sweat adjectives..
We cant call those guys out there or any other pilots those adjectives, because THAT is more disrespectful for our profession than paying a really expensive formation!

They are not drinking mojitos out there, remember that. They are also working, maybe more than anyone in here, and they have the same TR than any other experienced FO, so they must know how to cope with emergency's.

I'm not protecting Lion Air pilots! What i'm trying to do is asking you people some more respect! This is a public chat.

Safe Landings.