PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde crash: Continental Airlines cleared by France court
Old 16th Dec 2012, 15:46
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the image I reference is not fake, I submit the out of line track of the tyres is a matter concluded by factual observation.

with all due respect....

SLF

Yes, I see that, I thought you were addressing my point re: shimmy.

Add to your (below) comment...

The dispatcher was also made aware of a technical issue with the new aircraft, F-BTSC, when his computer indicated that the thrust reverser on the number two engine was inoperative due to an issue with the secondary nozzle.* The aircraft could be safely operated in this condition but the issue would reduce the aircraft’s maximum operating weight by 2.5%.

That is roughly 5000 pounds. For performance, did the aircrew subtract that from maximum allowable TOW?

I completely agree: that the tyre burst is indisputable, its mechanism of failure is less important than the history of similar events, and the utter lack of mitigation that followed Dulles. The complete disregard for safety given the dozens of incidents is inexcusable. In that context, the Titanium strip takes on a more subtle role, that of scapegoat....

Last edited by Lyman; 16th Dec 2012 at 17:25.