PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Malaga Roster and new bases
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2012, 09:31
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
danny & boeing

posts @0206 & 0217. . .you on the same roster ? or is the "synergy" a bit closer than that.

I guess you will now accuse me & Aand C of the same ,but ( although we may indeed be known to each other) we are assuredly not the same person. . . not so sure about you "two"

As regards Denmark, I was also taken by surprise, but that is how it is, extra nausea for anyone to pay their fair share, & no more than.

I am glad you agree with me when you state -

It would make sense that you paid this in the country were you have your residence.

In reference to social contributions.
I believe that equally applies to taxes, as your contributions should surely be where you expect to derive benefits, and where (via voting etc) you have at least a modicum of say in how they are spent.

When you say

A contract pilot would very likely not report unfit for flight for fear of loosing his/her job. The authorities will only get an insight of the fatigue problem if there is an incident where a report has to be filed. Only then will the fatigue issue surface.

I think the point here is not so much fear of being let go, the main motivator in a company like RYR is, if you didn't fly you weren't paid. In NAS we are not paid by the block hr, in the new contract it will attract a small , fairly inconsequential, supplement, but I doubt anyones decision will be swayed by that.

The NAS bases in AGP/LPA & indeed the 1st one (in HEL ) have indeed been set up (well not entirely in the case of HEL) purely as cheap off-shore alternatives. Machinations between the company & the Union have probably resulted in much of that saving being squandered due to inefficient rostering, but that was undoubtedly the motivation. Having said that, at a certain time in the morning in Summer in AGP, there can be up to 8 or so NAS flights to Northern destinations (the same for ALC/LPA/BCN) & LGW like HEL will also make sense from an operational point of view. This "Contracting Out" of labour is happening in every industry. . . .doesn't mean we have to like it, but to compete these days it is difficult for companies not to join in this sh1tty trend. . look at SAS if you want to see the alternative to doing so.

The announcement did not require fluency in a Scandi (or Spanish) language, it was merely a desirable extra. Most of my colleagues are however Scandis, and until the Base acquired aircraft & ones presence on merely positioning flts was tightened up, it was an arrangement that worked very well for them. The initial deal/roster was very commutable. . sadly other forces have intervened in the meantime & the initial deal altered.

I have to concur with your distaste for this trend, but NAS are merely doing what is required to cope with the rot started by Ryanair & continued by the likes of Easy /Wizz et al. Most industries (I.T. & the motor industry spring to mind) are equally or more guilty.

No-one likes it, but. . . . . if the lovely politicians are happy to continue taking back-handers in return for allowing it to continue/propogate what to do ¿?

Last edited by captplaystation; 16th Dec 2012 at 10:19.