PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seriously obese passenger query.
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2012, 18:56
Agaricus bisporus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bordering on discriminatory
Actually, this thread is all about being discriminatory isn't it? That's the point of it. Whether or not to "discriminate" - which means "to identify a difference..." between people who pay for one seat but expect to share someone else's too. If you see a fat person and recognise their size as being different to everyone elses you are making a discrimination. Ditto recognising a person's age, sex, religion etc. Life would be pretty hard if you couldn't (or, via the poison of pc, weren't allowed to) tell one thing apart from another wouldn't it?

Or did you mean discriminating unfairly which is another thing entirely?

I note that the words you wrote that immediately preceeded that quote are discriminatory as you identified ("discriminated") the existence of fat people...

Anyway, regardless of using a meaningless pavlovian pc meeja phraseology no one is carrying out unfair discrimination by passing opinions, because that would require a follow-up action wouldn't it? And in this case only the airline can do that.

And this has nothing to do with racist or religious hatred - knowing how the pc nutcases love to bring that into every argument - it is to do with paying a dollar and assuming you have a right to two dollars worth of goods just because of the size of your ass. And that's just plain stupid, isn't it?

I wonder if I'd get away with that in a restaurant because of the size of my appetite?
Mmmm - perhaps that's how they got fat in the first place...