PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Technical military question
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2012, 17:23
DuncanMac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old-Duffer

Thank you very much for replying. The production company in question were basically looking for a screenplay in which Scottish scenery could be utilised as a cinematic back-drop. As a consequence, having spent a chunk of my childhood in Arbroath (45 Commando, etc.) and childhood memories of Lightning and Phantoms from RAF Leuchars overhead, I decided to combine the two, with aspects of my own first career.

"May I suggest first that you share with us the context of your screenplay"

This is probably best explained by posting part of the synopsis (below), the document which attracted the production company. The only aspect which is really relevant to my enquiry I guess, is the last few lines.

Could such an incident realistically take place? Could an audience accept such an event? If so, what would be said between the crew in such an emergency? Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance . . .

"Leaning against his car savouring a post-drama cigarette, MacDonald watches as first one pair of low flying jets, then another, roar through the glen; twisting and turning. In the distance, the thunder of more aircraft can be heard heading his way.

In one of the Tornados there is an emergency. An automated alarm is sounding. The navigator instructs the pilot to dump superfluous fuel and gain height to ‘buy’ extra time.

A torrent of high octane aviation gasoline cascades towards terra firma - down onto where MacDonald stands smoking. With a whoosh, he is evaporated.

Emergency under control, Flight Lieutenant Siân MacDonald requests her navigator plot a course for RAF Lossiemouth, and home.

She has a reunion later that day with her dying father – the man she hasn’t seen for nine years."

Last edited by DuncanMac; 16th Dec 2012 at 09:34.