PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2012, 12:24
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta/Thomson/easy/Ryanair

FR- that would be a nice Christmas present. Loads on BFS and now Geneva are impressive lets hope they are making money on them.

Delta - Rumours circulated at the time that Delta did indeed quote the runway issue and that to make money they would need the maximum cargo yield and in summer a fully loaded 763 would be marginal depending on the temperatures. I suspect that the real reason was the worry of filling 36 business seats on a daily.

I wasn't aware it was a BHX or EDI and if it was then there was only going to be one winner as ATNotts suggest but as Delta found out it is not always as easy as that. Could it also have been possible that EDI at the time had the RDF or whatever it was called and BHX had just the usual sliding scale landing fee incentives?

Delta Atlanta has always been my favourite as a new westbound route but fully realise that filling 36 business seats a day is one big ask from BHX. United on the other hand have 16 business which seems far too low going by the seat maps.

Thomson

2013/4 winter is out with little change but a lot will be dependant on aircraft type. Also from the Thomson thread it seems a new handling contract has been signed but everyone seems tight-lipped in respect of the winner.

Ryanair - Summer 2013 updated, four based again by the look of it but with more away based flying as Barcelona, Reus and Girona retained although the latter at two per week.

Krakow stays two a week BHX based and Bergamo three a week but split between BHX & BGY based aircraft.

Alicante is up from seven to nine weekly.

Pete