PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2012, 11:47
Romeo Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding supplementary costs, it was all very clear what I would have to find on top of the security bond and top-up fees when I applied last year. I would be surprised if it was less so this time around.

Note I can only speak about those at OAA.

Speaking basically, the only expenses one will incur are:

Food (although full board is apparently provided in Pheonix)
Leisure - Could be beer monies, Vegas chips, travel, etc.. Whatever you do that makes you happy...

The costs involved with the lead up to the training are:

EASA Class 1 medical. Initials must be taken at Gatwick. Successful candidates may be able to get renewals from BA AME's;

Any costs involved in raising the capital. Any borrowing will no doubt incur some form of arrangement fee, as well as the cost of borrowing itself;

Life insurance;

Loss of training expenses insurance covering the loss of medical certificate;

The cost of undertaking selection at the school (£250 at Oxford this year);

Costs associated with attending selection - train tickets, hotels as required. Not these are always the responsibility of the candidate.

Everything required for the completion of training is included in the sponsorship or the top-up fees. To be clear that means:

Uniform
Study materials
CRP5
Various other sundries

I just thought I'd try and clarify some of the red herring that seem to be emerging about costs. The idea of the scheme being accessible to all is more than simply a slogan on the website. Credit status notwithstanding, there is little to stand in the way of successful candidates from being able to accept the deal, financially speaking. Whether or not one wishes to commit such a large bond is, of course, a personal choice, however.

@Mike91: Read the instructions and take your time. Ensure you understand what is being asked you in each of the tasks.