PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone totally screwed up a sim assessment, and eventually gone on to land a job?
Old 15th Dec 2012, 10:32
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I made a complete arse of my Cathay Pacific sim check, nobody to blame but myself, I thought I was well prepared but the 747 just got away from me, ended up halfway down the ILS completely unconfigured, gear up, aircraft speeding up, went around, made a a complete c0ck up of the go-round, the instructor repositioned me and I had another go but the damage was done

Two weeks after that I got the golden phone call from Easyjet and I absolutely nailed that sim if I do say so myself. Got the job and never looked back.

Everyone screws up sooner or later, and when it's your dream job and you can see it slipping away, it's the worst feeling in the world. I don't believe in karma but in my case and with the benefit of 10 years of hindsight, NOT getting that Cathay gig was probably the best thing that could have happened to me, my life has been so different but so much fun ever since, knowing what I know now about Cathay and the life I now lead I reckon I'm ten times better off out of there

Last edited by Luke SkyToddler; 15th Dec 2012 at 10:36.