PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Required viewing for anyone contemplating a "career" in a well known LoCo airline
Old 15th Dec 2012, 09:41
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
antonov09 where is Leo these days anyhow ?

vrb03kt whilst not the normal reason to be sent out of base, there is nothing to stop them doing so, and it can be used as a "reminder" that they are in charge.

Check Airman , as Depone said. . it's a UK thing we just can't help ourself taking ourselves WAY too seriously.
Pilots call Crewing (or should I say TRY to , in the morning , as the one line is always engaged) to report no-shows, or otherwise (as I found out to my cost) when a CC didn't show we called her at home/ she said she would be there for departure/ we left on time/ someone loused on us to crewing/ in spite of the fact that I couldn't get through to them I had a "disciplinary" for not subsequently reporting her . . . . Nice Eh ?

Superpilot & Artie. . . just for the avoidance of doubt, I am not the author, the article is copied from your new Representation website. RYR Pilot Group

Whilst agreeing that there is a modicum of embellishment in the language used I have no disagreement with the content, which I think fairy reflects a floating ( & for a large part "based") contractors lot.
In my time @ RYR I was "fortunate" to be on a Ryanair contract, whilst many of my colleagues at that time were falling over themselves to get the big Brookie bucks , I was thinking Hmnnn there has to be a catch there somewhere I wasn't wrong on that score.

Last edited by captplaystation; 15th Dec 2012 at 09:45.