PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde crash: Continental Airlines cleared by France court
Old 15th Dec 2012, 09:09
AlphaZuluRomeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
186.7 might have been the RTOW for the planned conditions, but emphatically not for the actual conditions.... Given the tailwind component, the crew should have recalculated RTOW and taken the reciprocal runway, rather than giving a Gallic shrug of the shoulders, announcing <<Top!>> and risking it.....
Always in the interest of accuracy, the actual wind was not blowing at 8kt as announced by the TWR, but much less (Reference: Meteo Data, IIRC quoted in the final report, I think the word was "negligible" or something like that).
The crew might have been aware of that, "simply" by looking at the windsock.
Or it could have been they didn't care ("cavalier attitude")?
But then, why an early and slow rotation, which seemed aimed to bring relief to the U/C, being close/a little over the limit?

Seems some of the last posts on this page are more and more about being "against" a certain member, whom I think makes valuable contributions. I therefore regret that, much. Would it not be more useful to discuss the matter at hand without using a tone aimed (IMO) to harm?