PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Required viewing for anyone contemplating a "career" in a well known LoCo airline
Old 14th Dec 2012, 17:58
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was led to believe the offer to become permanent wasn't one which happened much these days, and that a 10% pay-cut was de riguer on permanent contract if allocated the base of your choice.

What is the percentage of "lucky" campers like you left on a permanent contract ? I was led to believe 20-25% max.

Don't know about Contractors coining it in. . . the hourly rate tumbled a bit these last few years, as have the block hrs, and a week or two in Rygge on SBY would eat a fair chunk of your reduced hours. Wouldn't celebrate being paid in €, if you are in the Uk it is rapidly becoming junk currency.
The 20% tax is I guess normally in need of supplementing (or will be with the new legislation) by the amount required to pay both the employers & employees social contributions.

I am led to believe also that the term "based contractor" is fairly meaningless these days, and based or otherwise, you are floating to all intents & purposes, or maybe everyone I speak to 2 or 3 times a month when using you for commuting, is as negative about the industry as I am becoming