PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gregg, Dixon, Carnegie, Singo make a play on QF
Old 14th Dec 2012, 05:22
Livs Hairdresser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TWE,
Agree with everything you've said there. You are right, I don't feel comfortable. The thing is, the uncomfortable feelings I have about Joyce continuing to run the company outweigh the uncomfortable feelings I have about dealing with the Dixon group. I wish there was another option but there isn't.

I guess one advantage is we are aware what they are capable of and we can try and mitigate the threat. At this stage, the onus is on them to convince us (legally) that they will not asset strip the company and will act in Qantas' best interest, or we walk away. And even if that is the end result, if we can make Joyce look like a fool in the process then it will have been worthwhile.

Sunfish,
When you get time, can explain why retiring debt will kill the airline? I can understand why it's not optimal but I don't see how it would be the end of the company.
Everything they do is strictly legal, but is it moral?
None of it's moral, and the only things that are legal are what they can't get away with

Last edited by Livs Hairdresser; 14th Dec 2012 at 05:25.