PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Recruitment
Thread: BA Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2012, 03:17
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
irregardless if its DEP or FPP positions.

So, does that mean 'regarding' then?

Pilot's get back to selecting people and put an end to Math's Test's, Psychometric Test's, Verbal Reasoning Test's, Group Exercise's, Spatial Awareness Test's
An excellent example of what not to write

There was a time when the pilots on the selection team were more involved with the written tests and actually got to mark the essays. I abhor aberrant apostrophes and this sort of thing would have gone straight in the bin.

Funnily enough, this helps to explain some of the reasoning behind the tests. Every man and his dog that applies for DEP has an ATPL and a shed-load of hours. Most of them can fly, although I was surprised at some of the efforts in the sim So it comes down to other tests to weed out the small number of pilots who are selected versus the number that apply; hey presto, a bunch of other hoops through which to jump.

You'll be surprised to know the pilot selectors actually work closely with the HR people and help design and modify the selection procedures. HR do not dictate the way things are done and are actually a vital part of the set-up to ensure everything is done legally and according to best practice etc. Yes, those are mealy-mouthed words but in today's litigious society it's important to have people that are experts in the field and help keep the amateurs (pilot selectors) on the straight and narrow. No, I'm not HR. Yes, I was a selector. No, I don't think the holding pool times are long enough.