PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Court Martial over F15 crash
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2003, 19:12
short&shapeless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully some of you will have read the thread referring to this in ATC issues. Just a few points following the various comments here.

GATCO have spent the maximum £50000 legal expenses that their rules allow - the bill was apparently at £65k 4 months before the start of the CM (with the defendant having to find approx £75k of his own money before qualifying for any legal support).

My understanding from the posts in the other thread (from people much closer to this than myself) is that the pilots were under a RIS - which puts a different perspective on some of the earlier comments where RAS was presumed.

Finally, it would appear from others that an RAF BOI was never held, or if it was, the controller involved was never required to give evidence - so it cannot have been satisfactorily concluded.

As a former mil controller I await the conclusion of this with great interest (having worked with SPOT in the past) but not, I think, with as much interest of those ex-colleagues of mine still serving.