PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MMMmmmiles Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2003, 18:00
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blossom

Hi atb1943,

Thanks for trying.

I have seen the book on Blossom Miles - haven't got round to buying it yet simply because I have a shedload of 'also very interesting' books that I haven't read yet and - at the rate I read - there will be a good few Christmas's and Birthday's between, God willing.

I have a special interest in Blossom because a)she was drop-dead gorgeous and b) she penned the Falcon design. So, if they actually do invent a Tardis I'm going to nip back 20 years, kinda get used to being 30 again and then nip back to 1936 to see if I can pull her while George is whiling away the midnight hours at the factory.

I think a bit of pillow talk might just get her to cough up the truth about the screen on the Falcon!

I know I have mentioned this earlier but - 3 'must reads' for any 50's enthusiast are - Tails of the 50's, More Tails of the 50's and Tail Ends of the 50's - all by my good friend Peter Campbell.

The books are really a collection of anecdotes and some nice pictures.

Good news!

I have just heard that I have been awarded the Desmond Penrose trophy by the VAC for my Miles Aircraft contribution.

A busy year this season - off to Barkaby Stockholm again in June, to return my nice trophy won last year and guzzle some more Falcon beer (yes, they have a Falcon Brewery in Sweden!)

Also - I have been asked by the RIAT Fairford organisers to get my Falcon & Maggie in the exhibition for their '100 years of flight' exhibition and air display.

All expenses, accomodation and some dosh too so - can't be bad!

I reckon I'll do Schaffen Diest in Belgium too.

Coventry also want the Maggie at their display.

The Great Vintage Flying Weekend at Kemble 9-11th May is a must for all you Miles nutters.

If the weather and winds are favourable I would expect to do plenty of joyrides.

Oh yes! Guess what! Somebody on the Auster thread has described Miles Aircraft as 'plywood barges.'

I think you ought to nip across and file a complaint!

All the best

HP