PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Females only!
Thread: Females only!
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2012, 17:39
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mary, that frankly was a superb post. In fact, possibly the most honest and correct thing I have read recently on Pprune. Five stars for that one

We live in a pretty non sensical world nowadays. Everyone skirting about the edges in what is ' the correct thing to say', our, 'ever so PC world'.

I watch women strive for it all, the 'we must have everything brigade'. Dumping the six month old at the nursery, from 7 in the morning, to 5 at night. Children, quite frankly, devoid of love and attention, devoid of any normality in their life's, from a very early age.

Then they sit and wonder why it all goes pear shaped. My view is that if women want a career, go for it. They can be anything they want to be, but do not have kids. It is not just aviation, women today can strive for it, and in a lot of cases, are better than men, in their particular career choice. The issues arrive when that good old animal, maternal instinct kicks in. But I want a child.

We are what we are, a higher level of animal, with all of our age old natural instincts still in the system, in our DNA.

Friend (female), is about to have a baby, then immediately onto A380 course. That is going to work me thinks........Not.

Last edited by maxred; 13th Dec 2012 at 17:41.