PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Customs Pre-Clearance in Abu Dhabi
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2012, 16:28
long-gonner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's just awesome how the anti-American train is never late at this station

If this program was not expanded to benefit US Passport holders then why don't the host countries open their own reciprocal facilities in the US? Canada, Ireland and the Bahamas don't do that for their citizens traveling from the US. It really is amazing how someone can connect the factual history of a CBP program to the prematurely predicted "financial ruin" of the most economically powerful nation on the planet, but I digress. Look, if the US wants to bring in additional foreign investments, there needs to be more done than opening one CBP facility at an airport that has 2 flights a day to the US, and yes I know the unnamed will be adding more flights to NAmerica. If you want to encourage more travel from the UAE to the US it would be more beneficial to expand the VWP or overhaul the outdated US Visa application process, which would be the target passenger traveling from AUH. I'm not going to get into specifics, but believe me when I say I am all for making it easier to travel to the US, but this CBP thing at AUH is just ridiculous. Does CBP have a facility at LHR or FRA, NO! Even if the host country does bare the cost of the facility, there will always be the need for inspectors from the US bureau to travel there to maintain standards. Nothing is ever free lol.