PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2012, 14:58
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No matter what aircraft TK use they only accept bookings for the A320 so counting an A321 aircraft when an A320 is scheduled isn't correct.
That makes completely no sense why on earth would they undersell themselves by 27 seats? Where did you get that information anyhow.

I TK were so intrested in Cork they would open a route if they felt it could work. The DAA are not going to stop an airline opening a route. They may of got an offer at DUB but at the end of the day if Cork was going to make them money they would open a route.
Jamie of course they can, for god sake man this has been going on for years and not just at the DAA at many state entities in the Republic. If Turkish contact the CAA about a proposed new route, the Marketing Team would then run this through the DAA. I mean it doesn't take much more then common sense to see why the DAA would want that traffic at Dublin and not at Cork.

Lets say BA come to Cork in 2013, gives Aer Lingus the excuse to pull the 4 slots used at ORK and move to DUB. BA then leave Cork a year or two and Cork is left with no LHR service.
That's blowing things way out of proportion, totally. If anything I could see BA operate a 2/3 daily service - Aer Lingus look more and more likely to be Star bound and their's good feed through Star at LHR. Why would Aer Lingus consider axing a route which they have operated since the early 60's and thus would be handing the traffic to BA? Aer Lingus are well up for competition and BA's entry to the Ireland market although I believe misguided now serves a purpose following Aer Lingus' recent developments - At least to BA.