PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2012, 14:36
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure TK decision to increase capacity on DUB route next summer has nothing to do with the route having a LF of around 90% If TK felt there was real demand to operate a 3 weekly ORK service they would, they are getting no discount at DUB for the extra flights.
Well for the peak travel month of August 2012, Turkish operated a mix of A320/A321 on the DUB-IST route producing a LF of 83.2% for that month. The point Tom makes is correct and is a view shared by Emirates increase aircraft size to match demand before increasing the amount of weekly flights. It's pretty obvious to me, that as soon as the DAA got wind of Turkish looking to broaden its Irish operation that 4 extra flights would be better suited to Dublin. The DAA's offices are in Dublin - the DAA Dublin Airport Authority. My point is Dublin will be looked after before Cork with regards lucrative routes, until Cork gets massively greater autonomy the airlines will continue to leave (not many left now) and the route network will continue to become a leisure focused one.

Business' in Cork particularly the MNC's are not happy with the choice of destinations ex-Cork, this needs to change. The route network when compared with 2007-2008 has changed quite a bit those routes should be pressed on with focus on hub routes also. I see no reason why BA, Lufthansa or Turkish couldn't operate from Cork the entity in the way is the DAA maybe leave out BA and to a lesser extent Lufthansa.

Just wanted to say also going by the recent trends at Aer Lingus - Supporting Virgin's plan for competition with BA ex-Heathrow and Aer Lingus taking on BA on the Belfast City-Heathrow route and with BA re-launching Dublin I wouldn't be too surprised to hear an announcement in 2013.