PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2012, 11:42
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What can be done if airlines were offered zero charges at Cork to open new routes I can't see it having a major affect although Ryanair would be delighted but Aer Lingus would not open a single route. Its not the Gov or Airport operator's fault to an extent they can't foce carriers to fly there unless they decide to pay them.
With all due respect Jamie it has absolutely everything to do with the Gov and the DAA. The Gov are currently not doing anything for the industry - The cost base remains largely the same, transport costs continue to rise etc.. The DAA are nothing but a complete disaster for Cork. As long as the DAA has greater autonomy over Cork then it does itself, we will continue to see possible new traffic re-directed to Dublin. Early on in the year there were rumours Turkish Airlines were again reviewing the possibility of launching service from Cork with a 3 weekly route to Istanbul. We have since learned they will instead increase their service from Dublin to 11 weekly flights (from daily). Connection? I believe so. Cork needs to be separated and if the headbangers in Gov still think its not possible then the airport needs far greater autonomy then it currently holds - I know this has been recommended in sorts via the Booz report but were still waiting for this to be implemented. This can happen over night but I think we'll have some more waste from Varadkar via reports which do nothing but confirm what everyone has been saying for years, how these morons we continue elect, continue to fail to implement the reports is just beyond me.

With comical statements like that you should considering offering your advice to the industry
Ah as predictable as ever fivejuliet, giving out smart comments when you lose the argument.