PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2012, 09:27
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the service from Flybe has been good, far better then the good ole Manx airlines days which everyone seems to long for through rose tinted glasses
Hansol,
I feel that it is hard to make a fair comparsion between Flybe of today and Manx Airlines of their time. Custom was different then and it has taken the last decade and the impact of low cost airlines and consolidation to bring the industry to where it is. Airlines now put such a focus on on time performance and making the operations as lean as possible. Custom and practice is quite different now, and costs have declined. Cost has a role to play in any comparison, I feel.

I used to fly frequently to visit relations on DUB IOM BLK, sometimes on 146 for some parts of the trip and often Shorts 360. I found Manx to be a good little airlines.

The company with the deepest pockets will prevail. I cant see EasyJet retreating from any BE route, and they will hold out on LGW until they can move BE and given BEs challenges at the moment, we will see just how long they sit this one out. Loser will be the IOM economy in terms of jobs, however, if easyjet can stimulate extra traffic that will have an upside, but to date the figures show a ripple effect across all airlines, with Manx2 feeling pain and BEs challenges well documented. The question is does or will easyJets presence on the IOM stimulate traffic overall in a market that is in decline?

I would imagine if BE axed IOM EZY could step LGW to x 3 daily...