PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ground School advice
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2003, 16:13
Rote 8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaps

I must say I find the contents of this discussion rather interesting. I had no idea that Bristol suggests 4 – 6 months per module. I am coming towards the end of Module 2 and anticipate that by the time I complete it will have taken me 2 years. That is 2 years studying on average 4 hours every day in the week, with no work at the weekends. I have given myself a week or so at Christmas time and an annual holiday of a week or 2 weeks (depends on the holiday circumstances).

Some of you may be thinking I am stupid. I am afraid you would be wrong. I have 4 A Levels, a degree and work full time as a Software Engineer and Business Process Analyst.

I am always rather surprised that some people get through this stuff so quickly.

The flip side of all this is that perhaps I am far too thorough and spend more time working on it than is strictly necessary. I have an entire bookcase of notes at home and sometimes wonder if I have gone over the top with it all.

The work is not hard, but there is a huge amount of it and if you have a demanding full time job then it takes a serious dose of discipline. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of evenings that I have “taken off” with the exception of Christmas and annual holidays in those 2 years.

Can’t wait to finish. I wont know what to do with myself.