PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the "Heavy" Piston Twin dead
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2012, 01:31
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh and George isn't quite a nobody either.
No he is not, he is about the smartest bloke I know.

Swift Fuel I fear will not get up. I could be wrong, but it just does not add up.

An interesting read. Looks like bureaucracy is alive and well slowing things down.

hahahaha ohhh yeah. And some of the petty politics that went on in the last couple of years would make you furious.

I really hope what you say will come to fruition, BUT how come a "nobody" (for want of a better description) has been able to do what all the might of the oil companies hasn't been able to do?
By the way I was not trying to hide the identity of anyone, rather keeping the "pushing GAMI" to a minimum, it seems to upset some folk, they think you have a vested interest all of a sudden I wish I did let me say quietly!

To explain in simple terms, why the big oil have not done this before, when they had spent millions of dollars trying, was they went about it the wrong way. I was fortunate or privileged enough to spend a fair bit of quality time with George one Sunday afternoon in his office and he produced a piece of paper, which I was surprised he let me read. I had a look on my face of ...."no way, you are kidding me, its that easy!!!"

He then asked so what is your next question, to which I said how come nobody in the big oil has done this before? He just smiled and said, that was his question of the top fuel scientists at a couple of the oil companies. The oil company responses were, well we just did not look in the right place, they were basically head down bum up looking in the wrong corner of the envelope.

Simple as that.

George's approach was to develop a solution with a clean sheet of paper, then write a specification around that solution. And one that included no issues with change over.

Like I said..... smartest bloke I know. And I know some pretty smart folk. Makes me feel like an amoeba in the ocean of intelligence

As for running out of oil....... nope, that is not a problem. And he gave me a guided tour of some of that too. The Arabs used to be the oil well of the world. Not now.

Bottom line here is.... Fuel is not the excuse for the death of any sector of GA, or should not be in the next year or so.

Last edited by Jabawocky; 13th Dec 2012 at 01:36.