PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why no lower than 57 kts in moderate+ turbulence?
Old 12th Dec 2012, 18:26
JB77UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr @TopEndTorque - Give us a break mate!

@TopEndTorque:

Not sure why the attitude - it was an honest and sincere question. And to be clear all I was asking was "WHY is the number 57 knots mentioned in the R22 POH as the minimum, as opposed to 60, 53, etc" I wasn't talking about what you or anyone else ACTUALLY does in turbulence, I was just hoping the vast cumulative hours of experience and knowledge that comes from the pilots that use this forum might help me find the answer...

I had posted the same question on another forum where Raven5 posted an answer that to me, made perfect sense and answered the question of why 57 kts and so I posted the response - simple as that - I hope that addresses your "You seem bent on feinting with a question then supplying the answer"

As for your accusation of "that's all gobbledegook" and "supplying the answer which may or may not have substance" - I truly thought it was correct, but did say "I have been given what I think is the definitive answer to the original question...". The answer was also confirmed by other posters on other forums.

But to make sure I called Robinson Helicopters in California and they confirmed that is EXACTLY the reason the 57 KIAS is in there. Enough substance for you?

I got to say I come to this forum for respectful advice, so I respectfully quote you TopEndTorque when I say "Give us a break mate!" [insert Australian accent]