PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde crash: Continental Airlines cleared by France court
Old 12th Dec 2012, 17:04
AlphaZuluRomeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lyman
Given that the accident crash has been discussed at such length, it is predictable that complete agreement will be elusive. Impasse is not unfriendly, or need not be.
Oh, but I've no problem with that.
Indeed, we differ on the spacer. Neither of us has conclusive evidences, and both scenarii are possible/sensible. I hope not to give the impression of being unfriendly here.

at the very least contributory, definitely not "irrelevant"
I can also agree with that. Not a problem.
I didn't say it's irrelevant per se. I said it's irrelevant in the scenario I presented (and which is by no means a personal one).
I notice you "forgot" to answer about that scenario. Too bad, it was the only point I really stressed. Should I take it that you agree with me here, then?

there is no reason that the tyre remnants would be free of applied materials from the metal shard
Well, I disagree, and I could think of a number of reasons. Relative hardness of materials involved, for example.
If you have no counter-proof, you may "just" admit it, say "I don't know" (*) instead of asking for a complementary proof that we know doesn't exist.
As you said yourself, impasse is not unfriendly, or need not be.
OTOH, trying to "noyer le poisson" could be seen as unfriendly.

(*) I tried to do that at lenght earlier in the topic, and I'm not hurt for having done that.