PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Females only!
Thread: Females only!
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2012, 13:08
Hannah222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Guys! Taybird, quite sure you were the only female response so far!
I do maths and physics a level and both have about 4 girls to 12 guys and at the airfield today I was one of 2 females so yeah maybe girls are usually less interested in the maths side of it.
I've been tallying male to female atc conversations (from America as we can't listen here?) and the number of males speaking on the radio is probably 10 times more every time! Though quite a few female air traffic controllers (apparently we're good at multitasking!). How about engineers? I'm guessing still very male dominated?
Those who say they've had excellent female company, is that because women have to be so much better than men to get a job in the first place, so no average women pilots? or because we're just good?
I read a bit about the ww2 pilots, WASPS and ATA, and how they were flying heavier aircraft all the time but then one general said they couldn't fly transatlantic and that stopped women progressing aircraft type.
Do you really think 50.50 is the best thing? I think so.
Also, would you find women distracting in the cockpit for 8 hours? One comment from March on here and I think I'm ignoring him!
Oh and Heston, I don't think I have an apostrophe, and AP thanks I'll repost somewhere else.
Any more girls on pprune?