PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Laptop batteries
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2003, 13:27
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laptop batteries

Have today taken delivery of my first laptop. (Hate the keyboard, hate the pointer; will be connecting mouse and keyboard asap, which is a bit like having contact lenses with frames, but I digress....)

Funnily enough, the instruction manual, while big on t4elling me where the start button is, rather sadly lacks information on the one piece of apparatus with which I am unfamiliar in my desktop experience; to wit, the battery.

It strongly recommends that I let the battery exhaust itself before recharging, which seems odd. The old days of those nickel thingies which developed a memory which was never mentioned in the instruction manual are gone, surely? This piece of equipment, while at the very low end of the scale pricewise, does possess a LithiumIon battery, so do I need to take into account their warning? In particular, do I need to take the battery out every time I use mains power, or can I just leave it in safe in the knowledge that it will cheerfully recharge to 100% while I use AC power?

Signed,

Confused

P.S. I don't believe in electrons, so don't get too techo here......