PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2012, 19:12
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they would have had to either start CAI/RUH/NCE
I'd love to see the VS staff parties on the RUH run!

He needs to rise above that sort of thing as ut sounds as though the good night doth protest too much. It's getting wierd......
Nothing wrong with a bit of free publicity, Beardie has been doing it for years, but MOL has got much better at it.

I just yawned when he said he "could have sued". For what? WW made a prediction based on a perfectly reasonable assessment of the market. Nothing actionable at all, unless we really have descended into a sue everyone for everything mentality! At least our American cousins have the 1st Amendment for that!

And then I love it when the Bearded one complains that BA have the most slots at Heathrow, our biggest airport.

Well Euston is our most important long haul railway station, and guess who has ALL the daytime long haul slots?

Pop over to St Pancras for a "rival" service from East Midlands Trains, and guess which company is behind them AND Virgin Rail? Yup, Stagecoach on both counts!

Hate to say it, but Sir Beardie is no longer the shwashbuckling renegade I grew up admiring. Just a very tired gamekeeper.