PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are ryanair pilots really Voting?
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2012, 18:11
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had 6 years of it, and like everyone who was there I realised that leaving the company would not result in an escape from "the culture"

Ryanair have been responsible for totally annihilating the T's&C's of all of us for 10 years now. . why ? well, simply summarised, they are such a big player in Europe that everyone has to compete with them , and every cheapskate accountant/management pilot either tries to emulate or (god forbid ) outdo them. My current employer is well on the way to joining the rush to the bottom. . . the fact that many of our current pilot management are ex RYR may just be an unhappy coincidence, but. . . .

Nothing derogatory in my postings towards RYR (who I still use regularly as a pax due my geographical needs twixt base & home) but, I never in the distant past resented BA (as I always said, they set a nice high benchmark for us to demand during negotiations) therefore I am more than happy to justify simultaneously deploring RYR, whilst cheering their pilots on towards any amelioration they can achieve in their current woeful T's & C's.

Where you go the "rest of us" are forced to follow. . .nothing derogatory in that remark methinks, just a simple statement of fact.