PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Females only!
Thread: Females only!
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2012, 13:26
Hannah222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Females only!

I'm doing an extended project on Women in Aviation specifically “How are women represented in the aviation industry and is this regarded positively?” and I am researching the topic. (This includes mechanics, air traffic controllers as well as pilots)I have found lots of male opinions on the subject from war times and some on present day. Many are negative with reasons such as 'women aren't capable of flying' to 'women should be stay at home mothers'. Obviously there are lots of positive opinions as well.
But, I want to know what women think about women flying. Have you found any problems in achieving your role of a pilot (if you've done that) or prejudice in training or actually in your job? Are males and females equally supportive of you? What were your views of the aviation industry before you joined and were they proved right? Do you think women in the 1930's and during the war had positive impacts on the aviation industry? Is there anything else you'd like to say that may help with my question?
I guess males can answer too, if they feel so inclined.
Thanks

Last edited by Hannah222; 11th Dec 2012 at 13:26.