PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why no lower than 57 kts in moderate+ turbulence?
Old 11th Dec 2012, 09:57
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subtle nigelh, subtle, they will still be working that one out re the collective.

And yes the G5 parked out back with a built in vertical to make it real would be very nice.

I agree, the CBI is probably the most versatile, hardest to hurt yet very handy machine around at the moment, still with a bit of a requirement to test the vacant space between the ear lobes regarding throttle control and some room to move to set up - "things".

JB77UK

Give us a break mate that's all gobbledegook.You seem bent on feinting with a question then supplying the answer which may or may not have substance. For mine, and i have been in just a tad of turbelence around thunderstorms and the like over the years at low level amongst largish hills, you can stick your 57 knots where the monkey put the peanut. Slow right down as nigelh says and get the collective well up at slow airspeed.. Positive - Power - Control.

Martins ch,

Bell 47 G2's had far less power to weight ratio than any marque of the Robinson family and were far far harder to get into translation and out of trouble if one ventured near it.
The trouble is nowadays the blessed Robinson is so easy to fly that qualified, ahem, I mean licensed pilots from them have so much to learn in the real world that they're pretty much useless for a long time.

cheers tet