PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA 737 pressurisation oops...
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2012, 07:17
Foxcotte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the thinking so far...

But it was definitely a red annunciator of some description. And definitely when we were in sustained level cruise somewhere over Malawi.

I can kind of make logical sense of a stand-alone pressurisation issue, but what really got my curiosity going was the major power fluctuations. At the top of the initial level off, we had several cycles of full power to full idle. And again when we re-levelled off at FL280. Whatever was wrong on the flight deck, the crew were working really hard to stabilise a power setting on one of the engines.

And the second big question I have is regarding the out of sync vibration. I am guessing that we flew most of the flight on mis-matched engine setting - anything to minimise the vibration we could feel in the cabin. But which didn't solve the real problem because after 15-20 minutes the out of sync would return, with more power adjustments to try and correct it again.

We had three issues going on, pressurisation, mis-matched engine power, out of sync vibration. I think the cockpit door being open for a few minutes at a time was a simple oversight, or maybe a lot of face-to-face discussion with the senior cabin staff about what was happening back in the cabin maybe?

Last edited by Foxcotte; 11th Dec 2012 at 07:18.