PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2012, 03:22
Stocious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Langeveldt, the FPP programme website states that if you've started along the road to your commercial you cannot have sat any of the theory exams. How did you get around this? I've just sat my module 1 exams with bristol, and would give an arm and a leg to secure an opportunity like this with BA!

I spoke at length with a training captain at BA around a week ago and he told me that historically they've not had any flex in these type of systems. Also starting the application on the website won't let me continue past the 'have you sat any ATPL theory examinations' question. Any advice would be much appreciated.
This may be more due to the fact that as of May 2012, the CAA will not allow you to resit any exam for which passes are already held, which wasn't the case last year.

I would have thought BA have not allowed this for this years applications as it would meaning missing the FTO ground school and associated exams, and would make the individuals training non-standard and perhaps inconsistent.

CAP 804 Section 1 Part D Para 6.2

Prohibition on re-sitting examinations for which valid passes are held

Once a valid pass has been obtained, candidates may not re-sit an examination for any reason, including to attempt to obtain higher marks. Examinations that have been passed may only be retaken when the passes previously achieved are no longer valid.