PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chess Game
Thread: CASA Chess Game
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 21:59
Frank Burden

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Algie Bloom

Algie, I am prepared to respond to your statement:

Just don't for heaven's sake sit on the sidelines trumpeting your own moral and professional clarity while bemoaning that fact that for some reason that escapes me, the fix is in for every sector of aviation except those for which you are responsible.
I am not responsible for aviation safety regulation and compliance checking.

However, when I you see a publicly funded authority continually failing to meet its statutory responsibility and much heralded initiatives then it is my right to make comment. My view may be ill informed, prejudiced or malicious by your measure, but it is my view until it changes.

For example, lets look at rule making. Year after year the milestones move to the right with the current regulations being a fruit salad for legal and individual interpretation.

Tell me which country overseas models their regulations on Australia? Many model themselves on the FAA, NZ, EASA, ICAO model rules and so on.

I will concede that there is one minor exception to this situation, but there are very good reasons why.

How did we get to this situation?

JM might argue that it was 'their' fault although he has been there much longer than a dog watch. TF might argue that I am working hard to make the regulator the way I see it should be but this vision has very little to do with CASA being a model regulator. JA might argue that it requires detailed analysis and review. I will let you know my three views once I have come up with all the fancy words and prepared the very large invoice. PC would argue ..., GH would argue ..., and so on.

Let's hope the government responds with dignity and grace and finds an Australian solution to get us past this imbroglio.