PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chess Game
Thread: CASA Chess Game
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2012, 04:40
Blowie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LeadSled

If CASA want to hand over administration of some Experimental to AWAL, they can, it doesn't need the aircraft to be in Limited Cat.
You’re quite right LeadSled, experimental aircraft shouldn’t have to re-certify in Limited, nevertheless, that was the CASA announcement;

There’s another reg (CAR 262AN) that says Limited aircraft have to operate under someone like AWAL unless CASA says otherwise, so I guess they think the only way to force those experimental aircraft into AWAL admin is to force them into Limited cat. Might work for some.

Perhaps I should also point out that the Act specifically bars CASA from making regulations for commercial purposes.
CASA can say they don’t have the resources to administer these aircraft so their motivation is therefore ‘safety’ not ‘commercial’. Safety sounds better, anyway.

There’s a few Limited aircraft floating around that CASA exempted from 262AN years ago. At the meeting, CASA and AWAL said they would also be forced onto AWAL’s books. Wonder if the owners know yet? I bet they'll be pleased to know that they will be much safer that way.