PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chess Game
Thread: CASA Chess Game
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2012, 12:09
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MLE,
Be patient, I have been a little busy this week.

Granted, the word "commercial" still appears, as in CAR 206, remnants, as our old mate Creamie knows the history. In fact, he may be able to elucidate (as opposed to hallucinate) on the subject of the history.

Around 1996, the then Government adopted a policy that said CASA was a safety regulator. As I recall in early 2000's, (2003?) the ACT was amended to remove a reference to commercial regulation. As will surprise nobody, the whole Act and regulations were not cleaned up.

Again, as I recall, the subject was dealt with in one of the S.12 directives (Minister's Charter Letter) around that time, giving rise to the amendment to the Act.

As for the amendment to the Act that I recall, I will go look, when I have time. Don't hold your breath.

Of course, the present management of CASA has dumped a lot of what Byron put in place, including the Classification of Activities, which was a risk based approach to regulation, a great pity, for a "classification" that is not ICAO compliant, is not risk based, and will do further damage to the remains of GA.

Once again, we are seeing the damage a "one size fits all" approach --- have you had a serious look at draft Part 135., and Part 145 systems costs attached to small aircraft.

Tootle pip!!