PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chess Game
Thread: CASA Chess Game
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 09:36
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New CASA game - Tautology!

The new game being played at Fort Fumble and ATSB is called 'Tautology'. It is a type of cat and mouse game in which opposing sides, including dozens of players, compete by means of playing off against each other in events including:

* Masters of spin
* Word wankery
* Trick the Senator
* Bobbing in the trough filled with taxpayer funded treats
* Smoke and mirrors
* Pony pooh jousting

And this dictionary meaning I found will interest 'K" and friends (my apologies to those who are disturbed by my riddles)
Adj.1. tautological - repetition of same sense in different words; "`e.g regulatory reform, 'a true fact' and `a free gift' are pleonastic expressions"; "the phrase `a beginner who has just started' is tautological"; and "the Director and CEO are at risk of being redundant so I return to my original proposition" is tautological.

pleonastic, tautologic, redundant
prolix - tediously prolonged or tending to speak or write at great length; "editing a prolix manuscript such as the Norfolk Ditching investigation by Beaker"; and "a prolix lecturer (the Voodoo witch doctor)telling you more than you want to know".
Mememememememememe