PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chess Game
Thread: CASA Chess Game
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2012, 21:51
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stand corrected GD! So FF must of got lost in the sewers since 17th of Feb....or maybe he is busy doing a rewrite of Part 133 with some FOI rotorheads, in an attempt to avoid Senator Fawcett's scrutiny. Well FF unfortunately the cat sprang out of the bag:

Senator FAWCETT: I will just pick one: the Bell 407 that crashed in October '03. CASR part 133 was supposed to be reworked around night VFR requirements for EMS situations. I notice that still is not available now, nearly 10 years after the event. Does it cause you any concern that recommendations that were accepted by the coroner, and put out as a way of preventing a future accident, still have not actually eventuated?
...and part of the response to that original Safety Recommendation..

EMS pilot qualifications, training and recency requirements will be included in the CASR Part 133 project consultation and review processes, however I can also advise the (as part of its normal surveillance processes) CASA will continue to review these matters in current operations as well.

Additionally I can advise that pilot qualification, training and recency requirements were also reviewed by both CASA and the industry as part of the consultation processes associated with the previously mentioned NVG implementation project, and that the industry subject matter experts at these meetings included several representatives from AOC holders who conduct EMS operations in both VFR and IFR situations at diverse
operational locations.
...still FF you can be excused (just a little) for not foreseeing that nearly 10 years down the track you'd have a former Army Chopper Pilot and NVG expert asking some pretty probing questions at Senate Estimates.....

Come on FF come out and play we miss your legalese and general insight into the CAA's legal dept! (for GD's benifit)