PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chess Game
Thread: CASA Chess Game
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2012, 12:33
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leady, your last paragraph is the clincher.

These Senators didn't come down in the last CAA golden shower, that's for certain. These Senators are slicing through the aviation turd one slice at a time, yet they aren't letting the stench overpower them. The more they push the more we see beneath the veneer of aviation bureaucracy.
The system has failed and those meant to be tasked with creating a safe aviation environment have unequivocally failed in their duty of care. They cannot be allowed to keep leading aviation into the sewer pit any longer.
They have lost sight or even understanding of the stakes at risk in this aviation play thing they love tinkering with.

A smoking hole filled with kero, titanium and charred flesh is the end-game. Wake up and smell this you incompetent spin dribbling imbeciles. I know I am sick of repeating this, and so are others.
Why do we keep bleating on about the same concerns? Is it because our sh#t doesn't stink and we are some sort of aviation lords? No, not at all. Some of us, unlike the nuptys running Auatralian aviation from the top, actually have spent a life time working within risk and safety frameworks and systsems. We see what we see and say it the way we see it. No political bullish#t, no spin, no hiding, no dereliction of duty. We see the smoking hole coming and we are damned if we are able to prevent it.
Our voices may be strong but our power is weak, and it will take a handful of half decent Pollies like the Senators championing our cause to finally create the change that is needed. I have absolutely no doubt that the Senators are squeezing some people's balls so hard that they are popping out o their nostrils. But there is some squeeze left in those wrists, I know there is.

C'mon Senators you are getting close, real close. Deliver the death blow, it needs to be done. We need change and we deserve change. The industry deserves it, our loved ones who fly regularly in this environment deserve it.

As an old friend would say, selah.