PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chess Game
Thread: CASA Chess Game
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2012, 02:40
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Triple Nimrods, more money, spin and a little deflection

I agree, looking forward to a robust debate. Bald, Balder and Bearded have been rehearsing their swan song for several weeks. They will dazzle the senate with numbers, puff pieces, dance, music and theater!
We will watch bemused as they turn inaction and incompetence into a business case in which they will seek to have the rainbow pot of gold filled to overflowing for the coming 12 months activities.
The board also will have been creating some fluffy statements and superb Copperfield magic tricks which will have the senate enthralled and money will be thrown at the CAA.

There will be strategic plans unveiled, dossiers, all receipts will be accounted for and wanky statements coated in Teflon will be unveiled within the circus tent. The Senators will be enthralled to hear about Australia's robust relationship with ICAO and how CAA management have overseen, with integrity and professionalism, the forward movement of Australia's commitment to safety. They may even produce maps of Australia's incredibly large airspace and they may explain the challenges of such a Robust environment by using flow charts, whiteboards, PowerPoint presentation and smoke signals to hammer this overarching statement through to the barely awake Senators.

There will be samples produced proving that the new training academy, employment of safety graduates, the new CMT format (nice timing Skull) and ever greater focus on the reg reform program is proving to be money well spent! Throw in some additional manure such as extra
money they need to spend on mates I.T systems...I mean spend on I.T systems to remain up to date with modern technologies and systems and you have a superbly parceled package of spin/****e ready to be rolled out.

But wait, you want more? Well hell this is Senate estimates and we have more!! Try extra funding needed to cover the 'continuous improvement of Inspectors skill sets', ongoing implementation and changing of regulatory systems such as Parts 145, 42 and 119. We have Human Factors and some FRMS coming up, all require robust funding. Keep an ear out for potential announcements about airspace studies, greater governance and the introduction of working groups consisting of CAA and external safety, regulatory and industry stakeholders coming together in an effort to advance and foster safety....yes, somebody call a lumberjack cos the Senators will get wood.
The highlight will be basically any intellectual statements and word wankery dispersed by the voodoo doctor. The acamedics will be holding on for the ride of their life as the beautifully articulated highly educated bureaucratic dictionary is preached within the Senate chamber.

To be con't.