PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chess Game
Thread: CASA Chess Game
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2012, 11:49
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Senate estimates inbound, take a right turn and reduce speed

Don't get to excited about rumors of The Skull bailing before the full time whistle blows. His likely replacement would be the Voodoo Witch Doctor or the near 70 geriatric. Not a pretty choice combined with a Board made up of more lawyers and senior bureaucrats with decades of spin and bulsh#tting experience!

It is pointless pulling one or two bricks out of the 'CAA' wall (CAA is now what I call CASA, ask Frank he will explain!). You need a stick of gelignite to blast the entire wall into next century. Start from scratch, hell maybe even bring in some aviation experts and build a solid safety oversighting authority.
The Senators must have a ball, every month that goes by sees an even worse level of incompetence, acts of malfeasance and incredible levels of stupidity and assclownery that makes you shudder!
Perhaps labor will sit on it's hands a bit longer, why make work for themselves now, considering Slugger and friends will be in government next year?
Or will the Carbon Queen use the CAA as an example and 'meddle with it' to try and gain political points? After all, Albo is a supporter of Kevvy so maybe she will roll him? Unlikely I imagine.

So what will Senators Nick, Heff and maybe Cameron probe the CAA about later this month? Perhaps some of the following developments in just the past
few months in particular;

• The farcical training center.
• The ongoing safety issues within Air Services.
• Perhaps the alleged dodgy software dealings by a highly positioned member of the CAA third reich.
• The sudden resignation of the S.O.B departments EM, and the TRUE reason behind it.
• The ongoing failure if the 23 year regulatory reform program.
• Internal rumblings and threats of industrial action by Inspectors over issues with HR and IR.
• The poorly rolled out CMT debacle which incidentally has not been explained in detail to industry as it was rushed through so as to get senior management a 'tick in the box'.
• Ongoing fatigue and safety issues with certain HICAP operators that simply
seem to escape Fort Fumbles attention week after week.
• More musical chairs, shuffling, departures and assorted mischief.

This should keep Nick busy for a little while, these are just starting points. I am sure a robust senate estimates would be enlightening and entertaining. I wonder if the executive management trough dwellers will have their ludicrous remuneration curtailed finally and all bonuses stripped once and for all. Hopefully that little point won't be overlooked as the CAA put out their palms and hope to have them handsomely greased for the coming financial year.

I think we should start a 'suggestion box' on what taxpayer funded waste should be stripped away from the CAA trough altogether for 2012/2013 and beyond?
For beginners:

• I would start with removing the multiple trips to Montreal.
• All business class international air travel removed.
• All bonuses removed.
• Scale back executive numbers and salaries.
• Introduce individual accountability for all actions for all employees at all levels.
• International 'work studies' and funding for the gravy train removed.
• Remove all 'consultant mates' currently in the books.
• Overhaul of internal HR and IR departments.
• Independant investigation of all CAA activities, contracts, consultant use, projects, finance, people movements (hiring and firing), written reports, legal activity, prosecutions, promotions, pretty much anything and everything this
has done in let's say the past 5 years.

Feel free to add...