PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chess Game
Thread: CASA Chess Game
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2012, 04:17
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Train the trainer

Yes the last FAA audit and ICAO audit were particularly damning.
The FAA's concern was all the Qantas incidents such as the 'bang bang oxy tank on the 747' and the regularity of Rollers going pop. That audit may not have been released publicly but it was available internally at CASA. As a result a few copies were downloaded and distributed around the traps. It makes for interesting reading I hear!
ICAO's audit was critical especially of internal/external training. Of course CASA agreed to making many fixes and started a lighthearted fix. Once ICAO were satisfied and went away CASA threw the lot into the bin. Naughty naughty, all these pesky people highlighting this fact and creating questions in the senate and some discomfort for the Minister has resulted in 'training training training' being resurrected as a priority!!
In fact Fort Fumble has embraced training with such enthusiasm that the first
floor Brisbane office is being renovated into an entire training facility. All first floor staff have been relocate to level 1 and existing staffs workspaces cut down to allow for additional staff to squeeze in. I don't think the Inspector Gadgets will be happy and I am sure OHS will be contacted shortly?

Perhaps Flyingfiend, back from the land of white clouds, could advise us if the
reduced workspaces will cause stress which in turn could result in litigation?
Nonetheless, the coffee shop offices or 'offsite meeting offices' at the DFO and Coffee Club will be able to accommodate the extra patronage I am sure.
However Hawaiian shirts, raucous outbreaks of anger and cigars are off limits!!