PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chess Game
Thread: CASA Chess Game
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2012, 22:07
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blinded by the light??.

Sunfish - Kharon, are you saying that "Australia's proud aviation safety record" is in reality just dumb luck so far?.
No Sunny, I can't call that one; but I can and do read publicly available documents.
We have good weather, a shortage of serious vertical dirt, skilled engineers and a competent pilot body, the record should be the worlds best. From memory, 1 of the esteemed members here has quoted the 'real' safety stats on this forum several times and they seem to speak for themselves.

CASA don't cause accidents, a honest regulator has a bloody tough row to hoe, dammed if they do, dammed if they don't. In it's present iteration the systems fault's are chronic and all ours for allowing it to operate as it does.

ATSB don't cause accidents, see above.

In general, when you get weak investigatory management, led about by a bullying regulator, the truth takes on a chameleon like form and disappears. The Parliament is misled, Judges, AAT and Coroners bamboozled; blinded by the bright, shiny spinning lights of "the expert" regulators, and terrified of 'getting blood on their hands'.
Pay here Mr and Mrs Public for the myth of air safety and to support the rise and rise of regulatory policy rule.

Anyway – you are free, of voting age and certainly intelligent enough to form your own opinions. I did - Seven year itch

Seems I am not 'the policeman at Herne Bay'. (The hamlet of Bullockstone is about one mile to the west).

PS GD - PIC