PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chess Game
Thread: CASA Chess Game
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2012, 09:15
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Frank...

Something to do with ICAO compliancy and existing aviation regulations that should have been adopted years ago.
With the greatest of respect, I think that perhaps you maybe a bit wide of the mark here...

1. Compliancy or Complacency? ICAO identified problems with Australia's compliance with the SARPs of the ICAO Annexes during the last USOAP Audit it conducted of Australia - it's up to Australia to come up with corrective actions Frank, so ball's firmly in Australia's court here - i.e., CASA, as it represents the State. Complacency is the issue here Frank, because the present and past idiot Ministers didn't/don't know what compliance with SARPs involves

2. 'Regulations that should have been adopted years ago' - umm ... close, but no banana. It's the SARPs that should have been ratified into the Australian regultory framework - and which seem to be an ongoing work-in-progress (23 years at last count??) that seems to be the real issue here I'm afraid. Regulations aren't adopted by Contracting States - they ratify SARPs into the State's (in our case, the Australian) aviation legal 'framework' (so to speak - perhaps not totally correct, so not looking for any arguments here from some well-known PPRuNer protagonists, thanks very much - tally ho ).

In conclusion Frank - YES - something SHOULD have been done years AND FCUKING years ago to get the necessary SARPs into our regulatory system (or else differences filed) instead of all the rooting around that's been going on for Keeerist's sake. That we've gone 23 (?) years without satisfactory conclusion to arriving at a decent set of aviation regulations here in Australia is a totally bad joke and an ongoing concern about the appointment of total idiots such as the present and past ministerial numpty's who've clearly got 5/8ths of the sqrt of FA about what's needs to fix the problems.

Idiots.................