PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2012, 00:52
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
  • Brand loyalty - if brand ditched no guarantee pax will stay with Delta
Ain't that the truth! I do not travel so much these days but VS are still my preferred long haul carrier and if they went, I would have to reconsider all other carriers before choosing. However, I am not a typical pax as I am extremely picky about carrier and the specific aircraft and I willingly pay more to get my choice.

Having never travelled on Delta, I know little about them but one can say that there is no buzz of 'difference' or 'special' such as one hears about, say, Singapore or some of the new Middle East carriers.

I have travelled on United, North West (as they were) Eastern (as they were) and Continental (before Bethune and before it's sale) and recall most of the trips as being unmemorable and some downright horrible. One long haul on United in Y ensured that I did not repeat the mistake.

I have very deliberately never crossed the Pond on anything other than BA or VS and cannot imagine me deciding that Delta was the way to go without a lot of people I know telling me it was worth my money. Oh, and a Team with several carriers that are on my personal no-fly list?