PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the "Heavy" Piston Twin dead
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2012, 21:43
Tinstaafl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I operate a Mike Jones' 'Lock & Key' Navajo. It's really nice - and has better equipment in it than a Beechjet I fly. You pay a premium for them though. You're paying for someone's work to have something that's ready to go as soon as you sign on the dotted. None of this 'buy an airframe, send it out to have the interior, avionics & paint done. Oh, and add various STCs while it's being done' carry on.

You could have the same result without going to Mike Jones, but you'd have to do the legwork & organisation and wait for it to be done.

At the time this one was done Mike Jones didn't include an EDM so I had the owner put one in after I took over managing it. The EDM has been worth every penny and easily paid for itself in fuel savings, decision making that avoided a stranded aircraft+pax when I had an injector line break, and maintenance time for troubleshooting the occasional issue.

This one has only about 2,500 hours on it. Might be a couple of hundred more (don't have its paperwork with me) but it's well under 3,000.

Last edited by Tinstaafl; 9th Dec 2012 at 21:44.