PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2012, 20:01
flighthappens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AFAIR from reading, there has not been an engine crash with the later engine which i recall is the f110?
Inaccurate recall, factually proven wrong.

this concern is unfounded statistically
In your humble opinion.... Disregarding the stats from the US that show that for all except one engine type the F-15 has been approximately 4 times less likely to have an engine related mishap. Note the F-15 has flown 4 times the hours with the single engine type you are insisting proves your argument, and in that time has had 4 mishaps.

glad rag, I don't know what better stats you want for the f-16/f110? than it hasn't had a engine crash yet and is more reliable than the f-15 with 2 engines as I recall
No stats provided. Factually proven wrong.

These are direct quotes of yours mate. You need to be more specific, because by not being specific you are looking pretty silly And probably stop with the AFAIR stuff aswell, because it has now been proven 2/2 that your recall has been at worst dead wrong, and at best non specific and vague.

Gladrag, Nice video. I'm sure what a hand cued IR video of a Raptor taken against a blue sky background at a slant range of probably no more than a mile is trying to prove, or better yet maybe you could show how a non LO aircraft in the same situation as LO has a lower risk of being hit?