PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2012, 19:33
DADDY-OH!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hobnobanyone

I don't work in Jet2 Recruitment so I don't know the workings of current policy. However I think it's fair to say Jet2 don't go for a singular profile of candidate pilot. They take ex-military aircrew, experienced Capts & FO's from regional turboprop operators, people from corporate & general aviation backgrounds right down to newly qualifieds straight from flying college, and it's a blended intake for the following reasons:

1) Type rated crews need minimal training & can be on line very quickly.

2) Non type rated yet experienced crews, both ex-mil & turboprop carrier, will need to sign a bond for the cost of the type training but bring experience to replace the recently internally promoted FO's.

3) Non type rated candidates will cost more to train but in exchange for much needed employment, Jet2 will offer the candidates bonded or part funded training & a reduced salary (usually 70%), tied in for a pre-determined period.

This strategy means Jet2 can keep their experience levels up, while minimalising & reducing training costs & salary. What any candidate should bare in mind is that the number of type rated B757 pilots on the market may be about to increase as TCX consider releasing crews as part of their contraction & most of the B737 type rated crews come from BMI & RYR. However, most of these crews will also have applications in with major airlines & may not take up offered positions at Jet2. I wish you all success, Jet2 is a cracking little company with sound financial footing & savvy management.

Please feel free to PM me.

Cheers