PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2012, 15:06
Dilmah G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VS,

Honestly mate, I can't remember too much. I did this back in about Feb now, but I believe it was just one question. From memory, mine was something about the Victoria Cross. Either that, or I recall mentioning it in my response.

That list you've got seems to cover the general ballpark of questions I've heard of people getting, and to be honest, you'd probably be better served by searching this thread for the word 'essay' than my response, because I remember literally 6/5 of **** all.

I can tell from your written expression that you're not illiterate, and so you should be fine. Although if I was the psych, I'd find a lack of knowledge about ANZAC Day and WWII a bit concerning from someone who wants to be a part of a service to whom those two mean quite a bit too. Take that with a grain of salt, though - my degree couldn't be further from psychology!

You'll write another essay at your Officer Selection Board, and that will be one (in my experience) which you'll have ample prep material for. If you get that far, concentrating on essay basics and generally being confident and direct with what you're saying might be a good idea, but otherwise I wouldn't stress too much about the essay on Assessment Day.